Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Another Comment on QS and Kenan-Flagler

A blog by MBA student Shawn Snyder remarks:

"So CNN recently published its "Top 50 Business Schools to get Hired in 2007" and I was glad to see Maryland's Smith school listed, but I was confused to see the George Washington University right above Smith. After all, by their own ranking the GW grads had one less job offer and starting salary almost $10,000 lower. Umm, maybe recruiters think that George Washington is a better deal because they can snag grads for cheap, but from a business student perspective (the people reading the rankings) wouldn't Smith be the better choice? And why wouldn't it rank higher? Business rankings are crap in my opinion....and yet I still read all of them as if it matters. Maybe I have the problem."


And there is a comment by Dave:


" I too noticed some discrepancies in the ratings on CNN.com. Specifically, UNC Kenan-Flagler is not in the top 50! I dug a bit deeper and looked at the data from topmba.com - the website where the list came from - and found some startling errors. UNC KFBS average salary is listed as $76k when the actual average is $89k! I wrote a letter to TopMBA.com and found that not only did they screw up the salaries, but they did not distinguish between University of North Carolina and North Carolina State U in the recruiter rankings! It's really incredible the garbage that these people are allowed to print. What ever happened to 'trust but verify'?"

No comments: